Students are required to be onsite by 8:55am in order to be on time to registration.
Students arriving late to school (8:55-9.20am) receive a lunchtime detention the following day. If students are persistently late then other measures will be explored with parents/carers to improve this.
Students arriving after the close of registration (9:20am) will receive a detention as above and they will be marked as absent without authorisation for the morning session. This will affect their attendance percentage.
Additional learning sessions will be organised for times before school, after school and at weekends. Students will be notified of these additional sessions if their attendance is required.
Pupil detentions are arranged for during lunch time and after school.
The core academy day ends, for students in Y7-9, at 3:20pm. Students in Y10/11 are required to stay for an additional lesson on Tuesdays and Thursdays – they finish at 4:20pm.
Term dates 2017-18
- Staff training day (students not in school): Monday 4 September 2017
- Staff training day (students not in school): Tuesday 5 September 2017
- Term starts for pupils: Wednesday 6 September 2017
- Half term holiday: Monday 23 October to Friday 27 October 2017
- Students return to school: Monday 30 October 2017
- First day of Christmas holiday: Wednesday 20 December 2017
- Staff training days (students not in school): 3rd/4th/5th January 2018
- Term starts for students: Monday 8 January 2018
- Half term holiday: Monday 12 February to Friday 16 February 2018
- Students return to school: Monday 19 February 2018
- First day of Easter holiday: Friday 30 March 2018
- Term starts for students: Monday 16 April 2018
- Half term holiday: Monday 28 May to Friday 1 June 2018
- Students return to school: Monday 4 June 2018
- First day of summer holiday: Wednesday 25 July 2018