Students are required to be onsite by 8:55am in order to be on time to registration.
Students arriving late to school (8:55-9.20am) receive a 60 minute detention after school the following day. If a student already has a detention set for the next day, the detention will be booked for the next available day. If students are persistently late then other measures will be explored with parents/carers to improve this.
Students arriving after the close of registration (9:20am) will receive a detention as above and they will be marked as absent without authorisation for the morning session. This will affect their attendance percentage.
Additional learning sessions will be organised for times before school, after school and at weekends. Students will be notified of these additional sessions if their attendance is required.
Pupil detentions are arranged for before school, during break and lunch time, after school and at weekends.
The core academy day ends, for students in Y7-10, at 3:20pm. Students in Y11 (and Y10 students who are studying separate sciences) are required to stay for an additional lesson on Tuesdays and Thursdays – they finish at 4:20pm.
Term dates 2016-17
- Starts Monday 5 September 2016
- Half term Monday 24 October 2016 to Monday 31 October 2016 (inclusive – students return to school on Tuesday 1 November as the academy is closed to students on Monday 31 October 2016 for staff training)
- Ends Tuesday 20 December 2016
- Christmas holiday Wednesday 21 December 2016 to Tuesday 3 January 2017
The academy will be open for staff training on Thursday 1 and Friday 2 September 2016.
- Starts Wednesday 4 January 2017 (NB This is different to standard Suffolk term dates – students are required to attend on Wednesday 4 January 2017)
- Half term Monday 13 February 2017 to Friday 17 February 2017
- Staff Training Day Friday 3 March (closed to students)
- Staff Training Day Friday 17 March (closed to students)
- Ends Friday 31 March 2017
- Spring (Easter) holiday Monday 3 April 2017 to Monday 17 April 2017 (inclusive – students return to school on Tuesday 18 April 2017)
- Starts Tuesday 18 April 2017
- May Bank Holiday 1st May 2017
- Half term Monday 29 May 2017 to Friday 2 June 2017
- Ends Friday 21 July 2017
NB There is one further closure date (staff training day) to be confirmed. We will notify parents/carers as soon as possible.
Term dates 2017-18
- Staff training day (pupils not in school): Monday 4 September 2017
- Staff training day (pupils not in school): Tuesday 5 September 2017
- Term starts for pupils: Wednesday 6 September 2017
- Half term holiday: Monday 23 October to Friday 27 October 2017
- Pupils return to school: Monday 30 October 2017
- First day of Christmas holiday: Wednesday 20 December 2017
- Term starts for pupils: Wednesday 3 January 2018 (NB Pupils are required to attend school on Wednesday 3 January 2018)
- Half term holiday: Monday 12 February to Friday 16 February 2018
- Pupils return to school: Monday 19 February 2018
- First day of Easter holiday: Friday 30 March 2018
- Term starts for pupils: Monday 16 April 2018
- Half term holiday: Monday 28 May to Friday 1 June 2018
- Pupils return to school: Monday 4 June 2018
- First day of summer holiday: Wednesday 25 July 2018
Three further staff training days will be arranged. These dates will be confirmed as soon as possible.