Introduction to our new Catering provider
We are pleased to confirm that as of 3rd June 2019, the catering service at Ipswich Academy will be provided by Chartwells Catering.
Attached here, we have provided an introduction to Chartwells.
If your child currently has a medical diet please complete the attached special diets form. If your child’s special diet information has already been provided to the school, we ask that this is still completed so that the most up to date information is given to Chartwells; along with a copy of the medical note or relevant evidence to support your child’s specific dietary requirements. Please return these forms to Ipswich Academy. We require this evidence to ensure that any underlying or hidden dietary requirements are catered for.
You can find Chartwells nut statement here
You can find Chartwells GDPR statement here.
You can see below the exciting menu:
Click on any of the PDFs below to see a larger version.
Online Cashless Catering
What do we mean by Cashless Catering?
Your child will have their fingerprint taken or a pin number issued by the school that can be used like cash to pay for school meals. You can top up the card by using sQuid, for which full instructions are given on this page. This is a much safer and more convenient way to pay for meals than cash which can be lost.
What do we mean by sQuid?
sQuid is the website you can access to put cash onto your child’s catering account. You may already have a sQuid account, or you may be completely new to sQuid. The instructions given throughout the rest of this document should be sufficient to help you whichever applies to you.
1) If you already have a sQuid account:
My child is moving schools. Can I still use my existing account?
You can retain your existing account when your child moves to another school that uses sQuid. You will need the login details provided by the new school in order to transfer your account. If you do not have these please contact the school.
1. Log in to your existing account at portal.squidcard.com
2. Select users at the top of the home page
3. Click Add User
4. Enter the sQuid registration number and CVV provided by us (you can get this information by emailing us at email@example.com or telephoning us).
5. Select Add to confirm. You will now see two tabs for the child, one for each school.
My child is moving schools. Can I transfer the balance to the new school?
No, funds cannot be transferred from one school account to another as they will have already been settled to the first school’s bank account. Please contact your existing school to determine if a refund can be made or to transfer the balance to a sibling account at the school if appropriate.
Can I have a single account/login for all my children?
You are able to add multiple children to a single sQuid account, even if the children attend different schools (schools must use the sQuid service).
sQuid and Cashless Catering Instructions for use at two schools. Follow these steps:
1. Log in to the account you want to use as your main account (this will become the only account you use in future).
2. Select the users tab on the home page.
3. Click Add User
4. Enter the sQuid registration number and CVV (activation codes) provided in your activation letter.
5. Select Add to confirm. On your homepage you should now see an additional tab for the child you have added to the account. Repeat this process for any other children you wish to add to your account.
2) If you do not already have a sQuid account: How do I activate my account?
To activate your account, have the account activation letter from your school to hand. You can get this information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning us. To set up your account, you will need to provide a current email address. This will be your username and will also be used for verification purposes.
1. Navigate to portal.squidcard.com
2. Click on create a customer account
3. Follow the registration steps
4. Once complete you will need to go to your emails and open the activation email from sQuid.
5. After activating, return to portal.squidcard.com
6. Enter the username and password you have created
7. Fill in the personal details, click save
8. Enter the 16 digit sQuid number, the CVV and a username. You are now logged in and set up with your new account.
3) How do I Top up dinner money?
1. Log into your sQuid account
2. Select the tab of the child you wish to make the payment for
3. Scroll down to catering purse
4. Select amount under top up and add to basket
5. Click on view basket at the top of the screen.
6. Select checkout and follow the instructions.
What if I still have questions?
If you still have questions on how to use sQuid please either look at the FAQs on the sQuid website – https://www.squidcard.com/welcome/help – or contact Linda Winstone via the ‘Contact us’ form at the top of this page.