Best ever results!
We have been celebrating with students today, as they collected the best set of results in the academy’s history.
- Students have made more progress than the national benchmark.
- 48.4% of students achieved A*-C grades in both English and mathematics. This is a marked improvement compared to 31% last year.
- 83.6% of students have made expected progress in English. This compares very favourably to last year’s national average of 69%. 41.1% of students made more than expected progress in English – compared to 30% nationally.
- 61.1% of students have made expected progress in mathematics. This is a major improvement compared to last year (33%).
- 39.2% of students have achieved A*-C grades in five subjects (including English and mathematics). This is a significant improvement compared to last year’s figure of 24.4%.
Amanda Phillips, our Principal, commented: We would like to congratulate our students on their GCSE results this year, which are the result of an enormous amount of work carried out by staff, students and parents/carers to raise standards in a very short period of time. I am delighted by the massive steps that we have achieved since September of last year, and results show that our efforts are paying off. However, we know this is just the beginning and there is still a lot to be accomplished at Ipswich Academy, but we are confident we will continue to see enhanced results year on year.