Ipswich Academy’s behaviour approach aims to support staff and pupils to develop positive relationships which will lead to a secure learning environment for all.
Teaching and learning can only take place in an atmosphere of calm purposefulness.
The academy’s approach to behaviour management aims to foster in pupils:
- Good learning behaviours e.g. listening, attention, participation, effort, positive attitude, co-operation
- Positive and pro-social values
- Self esteem and confidence
- A positive attitude about their abilities
- A sense of responsibility for their actions
- An understanding of cause and consequence.
The academy uses a star point system and postcards to reward students on a daily basis for progress, attainment and behaviour.
At the end of each term student success is celebrated in rewards assemblies.
- we treat others with respect and dignity;
- we are punctual for school and lessons;
- we respect school and public property;
- we do not use mobile telephones on school premises;
- we carry the correct equipment and present our work neatly;
- we wear our school uniform correctly.