We have been celebrating with students today, as they collected the best set of results in the academy’s history.
- Students have made more progress than the national benchmark.
- 48.4% of students achieved A*-C grades in both English and mathematics. This is a marked improvement compared to 31% last year.
- 83.6% of students have made expected progress in English. This compares very favourably to last year’s national average of 69%. 41.1% of students made more than expected progress in English – compared to 30% nationally.
- 61.1% of students have made expected progress in mathematics. This is a major improvement compared to last year (33%).
- 39.2% of students have achieved A*-C grades in five subjects (including English and mathematics). This is a significant improvement compared to last year’s figure of 24.4%.
Amanda Phillips, our Principal, commented: We would like to congratulate our students on their GCSE results this year, which are the result of an enormous amount of work carried out by staff, students and parents/carers to raise standards in a very short period of time. I am delighted by the massive steps that we have achieved since September of last year, and results show that our efforts are paying off. However, we know this is just the beginning and there is still a lot to be accomplished at Ipswich Academy, but we are confident we will continue to see enhanced results year on year.
We have been advised that the school uniform shop, PMG, is out of stock of:
- PE tops
- sew on badges.
New supplies are expected to take up to six weeks, with some items not expected until the end of October.
The uniform shop is sending the school a list of students who have uniform on order so that we will be aware of those affected and will, therefore, adopt a flexible approach. There is a small supply of ties in school which can be purchased for £5.50. Please speak to Linda Winstone regarding this, or if you have any other uniform-related concern.
We apologise for any inconvenience which this may cause.
GCSE results can be collected from the SYSZ between 10:00 and 12:00 on Thursday 25th August. Any monetary rewards will be given out with certificates once queries have been confirmed and all textbooks returned. There will be a variety of staff present on the day to help you as well as careers advice and light refreshments.