Y11 parent/carer consultation meetings
Y11 is a critical and intense time. It is crucial that students, parents/carers and staff work together closely, from the start, so that achievement is high.
We will be holding a briefing meeting for Y11 students and their parents/carers. In this meeting we will:
- communicate the minimum grades which your child is required to achieve, and explain the rationale behind this
- share results from the assessments which students are currently taking
- issue study guides – so that students are able to revise independently
- clarify homework arrangements and expectations
- explain our approach to additional learning sessions.
A personalised invitation letter has been posted to parents/carers, providing details of the session which has been allocated for each student and his/her parents/carers. A generic version of that letter is available here. Students will also be issued a copy of their invitation letter on the morning of Friday 9 October.
If parents/carers are not able to attend the allocated session, there may be limited scope to re-arrange. The possible alternatives are:
- Monday 19 October, 3-6pm OR 6-9pm
- Wednesday 21 October, 3-6pm OR 6-9pm.
If you are unable to attend the session allocated, please write to request an alternative time by Wednesday 14 October.