Y11 attendance requirements until the end of the academic year
Y11 students are required to be in school, as normal, unless informed to the contrary. We will continue to manage student attendance and absence until the end of the academic year.
The timetable for Y11 will continue as normal, with specific modifications in place to reflect examinations and revision sessions, until the end of Friday 10 June. From Monday 13 June, Y11 students will have a modified timetable, with opportunities for study towards, and examination of, the European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) qualification. In order to ensure that we use the IT suites as efficiently as possible, in this period of high demand, students will be able to sign up for ECDL sessions in advance. For the period Monday 13 June to Friday 24 June, if students do not have examinations or timetabled revision sessions to attend, and they have either completed the ECDL or there are no learning sessions available to sign up for, they are not required to attend school.
Friday 24 June is the last day of structured, timetabled lessons for Y11 students. From Monday 27 June, Y11 students are no longer required to attend the academy on a daily basis provided that:
- they have completed their ECDL qualification to an acceptable standard (as determined by the academy)
- they have completed their V-Cert business education course (if appropriate)
- they have attended their product design examination on Monday 27 June (if appropriate)
- they have met all the requirements of the leavers’ checklist, which will shortly be issued by Mr Akhlak
- they are not required to attend by any member of staff.
For the period Monday 13 June onwards, students are required to sign in at the Senior Year Study Zone (SYSZ), and sign out when they leave. There will be no further base group registration sessions from Monday 13 June onwards. However, when students have morning examinations they are required to be in school by 7:45am. Students who have examinations in the afternoon will be required to attend the academy that morning. Students must sign out when they leave the academy.
ECDL learning and examination sessions will be available beyond the normal end of the school day and this will be arranged day by day in line with demand for these sessions.
Attendance at the Y11 prom is dependent on:
- completion of the ECDL qualification to an acceptable standard (as determined by the academy)
- meeting all the requirements of the leavers’ checklist.