Students are required to be onsite by 8:55am in order to be on time to registration.
Students arriving late to school (8:55-9.20am) receive a lunchtime detention that day. If students are persistently late then other measures will be explored with parents/carers to improve this.
Students arriving after the close of registration (9:20am) will receive a detention as above and they will be marked as absent without authorisation for the morning session. This will affect their attendance percentage.
Additional learning sessions will be organised for times before school, after school and at weekends. Students will be notified of these additional sessions if their attendance is required.
Student detentions are arranged for during lunch time and after school.
The core academy day ends, for all students at 3:20pm.
Term dates 2019-20
- Staff training day (students not in school): Monday 2nd September 2019
- Staff training day (students not in school): Tuesday 3rd September 2019
- Term starts for students: Wednesday 4th September 2019
- Half term holiday: Monday 21st October to Friday 25th October 2019
- Staff training day (students not in school): Monday 28th October 2019
- Students return to school: Tuesday 29th October 2019
- First day of Christmas holiday: Friday 20th December 2019
- Staff training day (students not in school): Monday 6th January 2020
- Term starts for students: Tuesday 7th January 2020
- Half term holiday: Monday 17th February to Friday 21st February 2020
- Students return to school: Monday 24th February 2020
- First day of Easter holiday: Friday 3rd April 2020
- Term starts for students: Monday 20th April 2020
- Early May bank holiday: Friday 8th May 2020
- Half term holiday: Monday 25th May to Friday 29th May 2020
- Students return to school: Monday 1st June 2020
- First day of summer holiday: Thursday 23rd July 2020
Please note that there will be one more PD day during the 2019-2020 academic year, we will inform parents/carers as soon as a decision on a date has been made.
The following dates are for consultation evenings for each year group:
We use an online system to manage parents evenings. details of which will made available to you in the weeks before the evening. If you have any questions about consultation evenings please telephone the school and ask to speak to Linda Winstone.
Please contact us via the ‘Contact us’ page if you would like to speak to your child’s teachers outside of the consultation evenings.
We would like to invite you on the evening to fill out an Ofsted Parent View questionnaire to give your views on the school, this will be available on the night in the Senior Year Study Zone and should take no more than 5 minutes to complete.