Students are required to be onsite by 8:55am in order to be on time to registration.
Students arriving late to school (8:55-9.20am) receive a lunchtime detention that day. If students are persistently late then other measures will be explored with parents/carers to improve this.
Students arriving after the close of registration (9:20am) will receive a detention as above and they will be marked as absent without authorisation for the morning session. This will affect their attendance percentage.
Additional learning sessions will be organised for times before school, after school and at weekends. Students will be notified of these additional sessions if their attendance is required.
Student detentions are arranged for during lunch time and after school.
The core academy day ends, for all students at 3:20pm.
Term dates 2018-19
- Staff training day (students not in school): Wednesday 5th September 2018
- Staff training day (students not in school): Thursday 6th September 2018
- Staff training day (students not in school): Friday 7th September 2018
- Term starts for pupils: Monday 10th September 2018
- Half term holiday: Monday 22nd October to Friday 26th October 2018
- Students return to school: Monday 29th October 2018
- First day of Christmas holiday: Thursday 20th December 2018
- Staff training days (students not in school): Wednesday 2nd January 2019
- Term starts for students: Thursday 3rd January 2019
- Half term holiday: Monday 18th February to Friday 22nd February 2019
- Students return to school: Monday 25th February 2019
- First day of Easter holiday: Monday 8th April 2019
- Term starts for students: Tuesday 23rd April 2019
- Early May bank holiday: Monday 6th May 2019
- Half term holiday: Monday 27th May to Friday 31st May 2019
- Students return to school: Monday 3rd June 2019
- First day of summer holiday: Wednesday 24th July 2019
Please note that there will be one more PD day during the 2018-2019 academic year, we will inform parents/carers as soon as a decision on a date has been made.
The following dates are for consultation evenings for each year group:
Year 7 – 23rd May 2019
Year 8 – 13th December 2018
Year 9 – 4th April 2019
Year 10 – 11th July 2019
Year 11 – 24th January 2019
We use an online system to manage parents evenings. details of which will made available to you in the weeks before the evening. If you have any questions about consultation evenings please telephone the school and ask to speak to Linda Winstone.
Please contact us via the ‘Contact us’ page if you would like to speak to your child’s teachers outside of the consultation evenings.
We would like to invite you on the evening to fill out an Ofsted Parent View questionnaire to give your views on the school, this will be available on the night in the Senior Year Study Zone and should take no more than 5 minutes to complete.